Monday, April 16, 2012

Bill Murray and Poetry

No, that's not the punchline, but a great video.


Members of the construction team which built Poets House's new home joined actor Bill Murray in May 2009 for the first poetry reading at 10 River Terrace. If you want to read the whole story, click here.

Here are the poems he read:

Poet’s work


Grandfather   
   advised me:
         Learn a trade


I learned
   to sit at desk
         and condense


No layoff
   from this
         condensery
I dwell in Possibility-- (#657)


I dwell in Possibility--
A fairer House than Prose--
More numerous of Windows--
Superior--for Doors--

Of Chambers as the Cedars--
Impregnable of Eye--
And for an Everlasting Roof
The Gambrels of the Sky--
Of Visitors--the fairest--
For Occupation--This--
The spreading wide my narrow Hands
To gather Paradise--  









No comments: