Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happily Married Ever After

Ladies and gents, the cast of thousands helped bring off the Event of the Century: David's and my wedding. It was fab and fun and I'm thrilled for two reasons: because now David and I are married and because it's behind us.

I had a great time and I heard the guests did, too, but it was juuuuuust a little stressful. I'm not sure why. Everyone else had the tough jobs. I just had to make sure I showed up on time.

And I did, dressed and ready to go. David was there in Kitty Pozer Garden waiting for me, looking more handsome than ever. He stood next to Jackie, who wrote the most beautiful ceremony and vows. She did a couple of really nice things: first, we had a chance to look behind us at our friends and family who came to the wedding; and second, she had us promise to honor each other's dreams.

And in the end, we had a great event. The food was great (thank you, Cheryl!), the company was great (thank you, everyone!) and Old Town Hall was beautifully decorated with the most lovely flowers (thank you, Louise!).

There are lots of photos out there, and I'll let you know when they're posted.

In the meantime, we had a great couple of weeks honeymooning. Manhattan was fabulous and Florida was a great family vacation. I did manage to mix things up with a broken foot as we returned to DC from New York, so the trip to Club Med was a little more sedate than I anticipated. David and I will celebrate the removal of my cast in September with a dip in a pool (location to be determined).

Now, life begins again — for David, right away and for me, after a trip to the orthopedist.

And now begins the best part of the wedding: the marriage. (Woo hoo!)

No comments: