Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Reading List: May the Reading Begin!

Summer reading can be the best reading of the year. Long days, vacation, plenty of sunshine, shade, chlorine, salt water, and ice cubes melting in iced tea. Add books and stir.

Here's a look at what I think I have in store for summer reading. Today. At this very minute. Well, technically, yesterday — I already found two more books today that might have to be jammed into this collection...

Here's a list of what you see:
  1. And the Mountains Echoed
  2. Arcadia
  3. Barn Stripping
  4. Chi Running
  5. Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
  6. Discovery of Witches
  7. Faefever
  8. The Family Fang
  9. The Gun Seller
  10. How They Met and Other Stories
  11. The Labrynth  of Dreaming Books
  12. The Language of Flowers
  13. Let the Great World Spin
  14. Life After Life
  15. The Light Between the Oceans
  16. A Lion Among Men
  17. Map of the Sky
  18. The Mysterious Benedictine Society
  19. The Receptionist
  20. Shadow of Night
  21. Smut
  22. Spook
  23. Southern Gods
  24. The Twelve Rooms of the Nile
  25. Unnatural Acts
  26. A Vision of Light
  27. Wolf Hall
This doesn't include the novels I simply must read that will be published this summer (such as the newest Neil Gaiman) or others that appear to be quite tasty but haven't quite fallen into my hands yet (I'm looking at you, Joe Hill).

I know this is ambitious. I have faith. Or I am crazy.

I will donate $5 per book I read to Main Street Child Development Center, and I will buy three new books for the Fairfax County Public Library from its Amazon Wish List.

Also, if you want to join this summer reading club, share your "consumed list" with me. The reader who reads the most books will win a new book of her or his choice, courtesy of Hedgehog Lover. 

Are you in? Let me know!

No comments: