Sunday, April 25, 2010

Damsels in Distress

This poem by Liona Averill reminds me of my friend Corinne, who at age seven said her favorite Star Wars character was Princess Leia because "she didn't wait for someone to save her."   Thanks to Liona for sharing her poem and to my sister-in-law Jeannie Fow for discovering this poet!




Damsels in Distress


You know those Damsels in Distress?
The ones who are more annoying than the rest?
"Save me from this wicked witch!"
What a snitch!
"This dragons going to eat me!"
The next girl to the scene gets a gown for free!
It's pretty and pink and has fine white lace!
The girl who had it didn't carry mace.
And why are they always talking about a knight in shining armor?
Who's to say he's not a farmer?
So next time you see a Damsel in Distress,
Walk up and say, "I prefer a dragon with flaming breath."

by Liona Averill

No comments: