Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer Reading Update: Reward Offered


Okay, I'm throwing down the gauntlet: the person who reads the most books this summer wins a prize: a book of her/his choice.


Here's all you have to do:


  • Send me your reading list, or post it in the comments below. (Karen and Stacy already submitted their wish, er, reading lists.)
 
  • Keep a tally of your books by telling us how you're doing, what you finished, what you liked and what you skipped. (Submit blog comments, e-mail me or tweet me your progress.) Myself, I have posted my progress report on this blog.
  • When autumn equinox arrives, we'll count our reading booty and see who managed the most books.

To be fair, huge, whopping books will count for more than a single book. (I mean, Drood would be worth at least two, don't you agree?)

Thin tomes still count as "a book," but beware: if you read lots and lots of novellas, you'll get a reputation for being a lightweight and all the other readers will kick sand in your face. (Look, I'm not saying it's fair, but it could happen.)

Oh, and as far as the "book of your choice" — within reason. No first edition Dan Browns. (I won't share mine, sorry.)


Check out the original challenge and decide how you wish to share with your community. Remember, time is as valuable in this game as books or money.

So, are there any more takers? Anyone? Bueller?

No comments: