Friday, April 6, 2007

Yep, there's been poems written about it.

The Internet has everything, including this horse poem courtesy of Angelfire. I do not see the name of the poet, but if anyone finds it, please let me know and I'll be glad to include it.

This poem is for Karen, because she asked. (And even if she hadn't!)

Forever Free

Of all the things I've ever seen,
Of all the dreams I've ever dreamed,
The finest sight that's come to me,
White horses wild beside the sea

They ran across the trackless sand
In that remote, forgotten land,
And in their running they were free
Beside the boundless, unchained sea.

They raced the first light of the day
And surged across a shallow bay
To feed at ease in grassy plains
With wind alone to groom their manes.

No barn or stable was their home.
No one could govern where they roamed.
They galloped on the fenceless tracts
With no ones burden on their backs.

And each swift horse was nature's child
At home on land forever wild,
And each wild horse was meant to be
At home on land forever free.


***********************************
So, what would you like to read a poem about?

No comments: